There have been some questions going into this weekend about the specifics of the Super Drift Championship Finals this upcoming weekend at Super-G R/C Drift Arena. I will try to address them here.
I Decided I Want To Compete In The Finals, Can I Enter?
We are hosting a Special Qualifying Round. This is ONLY for people who have not met the requirements to automatically be qualified for the SDC2020 Finals.
First Round of Special Qualifying starts at 8:00pm Friday Night
Second Round of Special Qualifying starts at 5:00pm Saturday.
Spec Tires are required for this round of qualifying.
Who Needs To Qualify and When?
1. Finish as Regional Champion
2. Finish your regionals as 2nd or 3rd
3. Compete in 50% or more of your regionals
If so, your qualifying round is on Saturday for bracket position.
You will be able to enter the competition on Friday. There will be a Special Qualifying Round on Friday at 8:00pm.
You will be given 2 chances to qualify for the competition on Friday, and one more chance on Saturday before the competition starts. This gives you a total of 3 chances to achieve a qualifying score. Qualifying score TBA.
How Do My Points Work In The Finals?
The Point Series was for the sole purpose of deciding Regional Placement and qualification to participate in the Super Drift Championship U.S.A. Finals.
Everyone comes in at the same level.
Chassis Requirements (These Specifications supersede any existing guides regarding the Super Drift Championship U.S. Finals)
Please become familiar with these rules and make sure you meet the requirements. No exceptions will be allowed.
• EVERY CAR MUST RUN THE DESIGNATED SPEC TIRE ALL AROUND. (Handout tires will be supplied on competition day)
• Modifying, grinding down, scuffing tires on non-track surface is prohibited.
If tires show signs of unusual wear or scuffing, the competitor MUST PURCHASE a replacement set of the Designated Spec Tire.
Once the competition has started, modified tires will be an instant disqualification.
ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
• Body must be 1:10 scale, non-open wheel
• All chassis must be RWD
• Lighting is optional. Judges may request they be turned off if they are distracting
• Metal bumpers and crash bars are not allowed outside of the body
• Maximum weight fully loaded with body is 1100g measured at the rear wheels
• Wheel Base – Min. 240mm / Max. 275mm
• Overall Width including body – Max. 230mm
• Overall Length including body – Max. 490mm
• Maximum Height of any part of the car / spoiler – 150mm
• Front bumper / core support – Maximum height measured from surface to bottom of panel 20mm
• Rear bumper / core support – Maximum height measured surface to bottom of panel 25mm
• Maximum “poke” of tires measured from the edge of the driving surface of the tire to the top outer edge of the wheel arch 5mm.
(Temporary fender flares will not be allowed)
• Protrusions beyond the rear-most panel of the body cannot exceed 25mm (Including spoiler)
• All bodies must be painted. Windows must be clear or translucent
• Dark colored wheels ARE allowed. There must be at least 1 highly visible radial line painted in a contrasting color. Judges approval required
• Absolutely no sound generators allowed. This includes zip ties, long screws, or anything intended to generate noise. This is your responsibility, not Tech.
Additional Rules Here: